Ministry of Religious Affairs Pakistan has announced the Hajj policy 2013. The salient features of Govt. and Private Hajj Policy 2013 are issued to press for general public. Government of Pakistan through Ministry of Religious Affairs prepared Hajj policy for Govt. Scheme and Private Hajj tour operators very urgently this year. Hajj Rates and fares have already been announced by MORA. Govt. hajj policy and banks have also been notified for receiving the Hajj 2013 applications.
Salient features of the Hajj Policy 2013 are:-
- The Hajj quota for 2013 will remain 179,210.
- Hajj scheme, 2013 shall be implemented through Government Scheme and Private Hajj Group Organizers (HG0s) in the ratio of 50:50.
- Applications for Hajj-2013 under Government Hajj Scheme shall be received on the principle of “First come, First serve”.
- The applications under Government scheme will be invited through designated banks after the approval of Hajj Policy-2013.
- Any person who has performed Hajj during the last five years will not be eligible to perform Hajj in 2013 except Mehram, Group Leader or the one undertaking Haj-e-badal.
- All those applicants, who deposited their dues for Hajj 2012 but could not proceed for Hajj due to some reasons; will be considered approved for Hajj 2013 without any additional charges in the same category/ place of departure, subject to the condition that they have not withdrawn their Hajj dues. However, they will have to deposit Rs. 13,500/- for Qurbani Coupan while submitting fresh application for Hajj 2013 in the same bank/ branch for the category / Place of Departure as opted in Hajj 2012.
- Under the Government Hajj Scheme, three categories of accommodation i.e. Blue Category within 900 meters without transport with a rental ceiling of Saudi Riyals (SR) 8000 per pilgrim, Green Category within 2000 meters with transport with a rental ceiling of SR. 6000 per pilgrim and White Category beyond 2000 meters with transport with a rental ceiling of SR.3800 per pilgrim have been proposed.
- The rent in Makkah Mukarramah will be charged on actual basis while in case of Madinah Munawwarah, it will be charged at a flat rate of SR.500 per pilgrim.
- 05% of the total seats under Government scheme will be reserved for hardship cases and for pilgrims recommended and funded by charitable institutions, Labour/low paid Employees of different public sector organizations/ corporate entities under the concept of corporate social responsibility, etc.